How Does Mold Damage Affect Your Health?

About

Mold is a fungus that can grow on almost any surface and typically appears on porous materials that have been wet with excess humidity or water damage when it grows indoors. Under the kitchen sink – where cleaners are stored – is one of the most common places to find mold in your home. Hire professionals for Mold Damage Repair in Miami Florida.

Many people, however, are unaware of how dangerous mold exposure can be, especially for those who suffer from allergies or have weakened immune systems. Keeping this in mind, this blog post will look at the top five ways mold damage can harm your health.

The top five ways mold damage harms your health

  1. Reactions to Allergens

Mold spores are ubiquitous and easily inhaled or ingested. Even a small amount of spore exposure can cause an allergic reaction in healthy people. Mold allergies can cause sneezing, itchy eyes, coughing, scratchy throat, wheezing, and difficulty breathing. Having said that, people with weakened immune systems are more likely to develop mold allergies. Contact the Mold Damage Repair in Miami Florida as soon as possible.

  1. Respiratory Problems

Because mold spores are so small, they can easily enter your lungs when you breathe them in or swallow them after contaminating food or water. Once inside the body, they can begin to grow, causing respiratory problems. The most common of these issues are a chronic cough with phlegm or wheezing.

  1. Irritation of the Skin

When spores enter your body, they can cause skin irritation. Mold spores commonly cause itching and redness. Skin that is easily irritated is more likely to develop a rash or become infected if it becomes broken or raw as a result of scratching.

  1. Infections

Infections can enter the body when the skin becomes irritated and breaks open. If your immune system isn’t strong enough to fight off a simple scratch, touching or ingesting mold spores can lead to a systemic fungal infection. People with weakened immune systems are most vulnerable to fungal infections, but even healthy people can develop a serious fungal or yeast infection as a result of mold exposure.

  1. Chronic Sinus Issues

When mold spores are inhaled, they can cause chronic sinus problems. A stuffy nose, headache, and thick nasal discharge may last for months or even years after initial mold spore exposure.

Conclusion

If you notice mold in your home or business, it is critical that you address the issue as soon as possible. Mold is hazardous, especially to those who suffer from allergies or have weakened immune systems.

If you notice signs of mold exposure anywhere in your home, contact Union Restoration, a professional mold removal company, right away! To know more about our services in detail, call us at 786-600-0270 or may fill up our contact us form.